We have subscribed to two valuable midwifery journals: Essentially MIDIRS and MIDIRS Midwifery Digest, both provided through the Ovid website. You can find links to the e-journal here:https://my.ucs.ac.uk/Library/Subject-Guides/Nursing,-Midwifery–ODP/Journals.aspx
Essential MIDIRS includes:
- a wide range of articles from original research to reflective practice
- updates and interpretation keeps you updated by summarising recently published research compiled from hundreds of journals and other resources
- the latest systematic reviews from the Cochrane Collaboration
- new guidance and guidelines from RCM, NICE, RCOG and others.
- a variety of in depth original articles related to research and practice
- reprints of important and influential articles sourced from over 400 journals
- critical analysis of recently published research studies
- reports and reflections on the important maternity events.
e-Anatomy is an interactive human anatomy atlas. It is designed for use by doctors, radiologists, students, and medical imaging specialists. The application presents medical imaging examinations (CT scan, MRI, radiographs) with annotated anatomical structures and diagrams.
A link to e-Anatomy can be found by clicking here.
Dance in Video includes 760 works, equaling 490 hours of dance productions and documentaries by the most influential performers and companies of the 20th century. Selections cover ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, experimental, and improvisational dance, as well as forerunners of the forms and the pioneers of modern concert dance. A link to the database can be found here.
All video can also be viewed on iPhone & Android smartphones operating on 3G network or better.
We now have access to the historical archive of the Guardian and Observer Newspapers.
Coverage is available for the following dates:
- The Guardian (1821-2003)
- The Observer (1791-2003)
Other newspaper resources that we have access to can be found here: https://my.ucs.ac.uk/Library/Newspapers.aspx